Covid Contact Tracing QR Registration
Below is information on Covid Contract Tracing at speedway tracks and how to go about doing it with your mobile device. At the bottom of this page, there is a test code for you to try to make sure your phone is working with QR Codes.
Currently, the VSC know that the following tracks are operating QR Codes:
|Alexandra Speedway||Bairnsdale Speedway|
|Blue Ribbon Raceway||Nagambie Speedway|
|Nyora Raceway||Rosedale Speedway|
|Simpson Speedway||Sonic Speedway|
|Southern 500 Speedway||Wahgunyah Speedway|
As part of the government regulations for contract tracing, when you visit tracks as a driver, crew, spectator, volunteer, etc, you will be required to check-in and check out. The above tracks will have a QR code that you will need to scan with your mobile device.
It is mandatory for all persons visiting speedway regardless of age to check-in. The system VSC is providing to its tracks allows you to add family members after your initial check-in.
Scanning the code at the track will give you a link to open in your browser which will be specific to the track you are at. It will ask you to fill in your details which will only be used should the unfortunate occur.
When you fill in your details there is an option to save details. Select this and next time you visit one of the above tracks you will only have to select to check-in without the need to fill in your details again.
Your details are kept securely on a cloud-based database for 28 days per the government regulation. They are not used for marketing purposes or sold to marketing companies. They will only be accessed if required by the government.
How to Scan a QR Code on an iPhone
To scan a QR code on your iPhone, all you have to do is open the Camera app and point your phone at the QR code. Make sure the QR code is inside the box on your screen and then tap the pop-up notification.
- Open the Camera app on your iPhone. You can find the Camera app by swiping left on your Lock Screen, selecting it from the Control Center, or opening the app directly from the Home screen.
- Then point your iPhone at the QR code to scan it. You don’t have to fill the entire screen, but make sure that all four corners of the QR code are in view. One you correctly scan the QR code, a pop-up notification will appear on top of your screen.
- Finally, tap the pop-up notification at the top of your screen. This will run the action contained in the QR code, such as sending you to a website or opening the App Store.
Note: If you do not see a notification pop up, make sure that you have the Scan QR Codes feature enabled. You can do this by going to Settings > Camera and tapping the slider next to Scan QR Codes. You will know it is turned on when it is green.
How to Scan a QR code on an Android Phone
You need Android 9 or higher to scan QR codes with your device’s built-in camera. If your device can’t run Android 9 or higher, you can download an app to scan QR codes.
If you’re running Android 9 or later, you can scan a QR code by long-pressing the home button and selecting Lens. Then point your camera at the QR code, tap the magnifying glass icon, and tap the pop-up notification.
- Press and hold the home button.
- Then tap Lens. This is the circle surrounded by lines to the left of the four coloured buttons at the bottom of your screen. Note: A prompt will appear if it’s your first time to use this feature. If it does, simply choose Allow. If you don’t have Google Assistant on your Android, you can download the Google Lens app from the Google Play Store.
- Point your camera at the QR code. You don’t have to fill the entire screen, but make sure that all four corners of the QR code are in view.
- Then tap the magnifying glass icon to scan the QR code. You can find this at the bottom of your screen.
- Finally, tap the pop-up notification. You will then be directed to the information or action embedded in the QR code. This could open a webpage, open the Google Play Store, save a contact, and more.
This code will lead you to an image.